Check Back Often For The Latest News and Blogs.
BLOG: September 2023
The Power of Promotion: How Can Exhibitors Attract Attendees Pre-Show?
At the Yankee Security Convention we believe in the immense potential of collaboration. We know that our exhibitors are a vital part of our success, and we want to partner with you to make our event even more extraordinary. By promoting the Yankee Security Convention to your customers, you not only contribute to the success of the event but also strengthen your brand and engage with your audience in new and exciting ways.
In this blog post we’ll explore how you can enhance your experience as an exhibitor while helping to spread the word about the upcoming Yankee Security Convention. We hope this provides you with strategies and tactics to make this a show to remember for you and your customers. Read on!
For the full blog click here.
September 19th, 2023 – East Hartford, CT – Yankee Security Convention, a 501C3 charitable organization committed to the promotion and further education of the locksmith and security industry is excited to announce that Top Notch Distributors has joined the show as a Diamond Sponsor for their 2023 Annual Convention, October 25-29, 2023, in Springfield, MA.
Family owned and operated since 1975, Top Notch Distributors is a leading wholesale provider of architectural door hardware to dealers throughout the United States. TND is a proud supporter of the Yankee Security Convention and its mission to enhance the lives and secure the future of those in the locksmith industry.
Top Notch Distributors offers a wide selection of Residential, Commercial and Electronic Access Control products, parts, and accessories. Representing more than 100 manufacturers and stocking more than half a million products in their six warehouses located strategically across the country, Top Notch Distributors has the products you need in stock and ready to ship the same day.
For the full press release click here.
Students attending Yankee Security Convention Class
September 6, 2023 – East Hartford, CT – Yankee Security Convention, a 501C3 charitable organization committed to the promotion and further education of the locksmith and security industry is proud to announce four new educational tracks as part of the 2023 Yankee Security Convention event.
Targeting attendees looking for industry training in Basic & Mechanical Locksmithing, Access Control, Automotive and Safes, the four new tracks will have dedicated courses so that students can train in a specific area. Courses range from providing the fundamentals of locksmithing to developing specific expertise in a particular manufactured product. The curriculum runs for three full days, and two evenings plus a special Saturday morning panel discussion sponsored by Allegion, and led by industry guru, Lori Green of “I Dig Hardware.”
Students are encouraged to choose the courses that will best expand their knowledge and expertise. A chart explaining the Educational Tracks is available on the Yankee website and by clicking the link here. A full list of courses and instructors is also available in the Show Brochure. Registration officially opened August 1, 2023, and interested attendees are encouraged to sign up as early as possible so as not to be shut out of the most popular classes. Trade show registration is free if you register before October 7, 2023, after which it is $15 per person.
For a copy of the full press release, click here.
YANKEE SECURITY CONVENTION ELEVATES EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES AND INTRODUCES AN INNOVATIVE DEMO ZONE FOR THE 2023 SHOW.
The trade show floor buzzes with activity.
September 5, 2023 – East Hartford, CT – Yankee Security Convention, a 501C3 charitable organization committed to the promotion and further education of the locksmith and security industry is proud to unveil an exciting addition for the upcoming 2023 Show – the DEMO ZONE.
As the convention continues to evolve and deliver exceptional value, the DEMO ZONE marks a significant leap forward in enhancing exhibitor engagement and attendee
experiences. This dynamic new offering invites exhibitors to take center stage and captivate attendees with immersive 20-30 minute informational and/or demonstration sessions that showcase new products, tools, services, solutions and software. By integrating these interactive sessions into the heart of the convention floor, attendees can seamlessly transition from exploring innovative products and services to experiencing them firsthand.
For more information contact email@example.com. For the full press release, click here
NEWS, BLOGS, RESOURCES AND MORE
Check back often for updated news, articles and blogs about the show and our industry.
BLOG: July 2023
Unlocking Success: The Benefits of Exhibiting at Yankee Security Convention
In the fast-paced world of locksmiths and security professionals, staying ahead of the competition is crucial. As companies explore various marketing avenues to promote their products and services, one avenue stands out as a game-changer: exhibiting at an industry tradeshow.
Participating in an in-person, live event is a worthwhile investment for companies and their key salespeople. You can discover new products and solutions, get hands-on training and demonstrations, speak directly to key manufacturers about projects and challenges, attend educational sessions and keynote speaker presentations and network with industry colleagues on and off the show floor.
When speaking with new exhibitors about their decision to exhibit at Yankee Security Convention, we often hear how they wished they only started exhibiting sooner. This year, we have an amazing line up for the event. In this blog, we share testimonials from just a few of our key sponsors and exhibitors and what they have to say about the show. Read on!
REGIONAL SHOWS = KEY TO BUSINESS GROWTH:
WHY EXHIBITING AT YANKEE SECURITY CONVENTION IS A GAME CHANGER
Choosing to exhibit at a localized regional industry show over a larger national event offers numerous advantages that can make an enormous difference for your ROI.
Here are just a few of the benefits that you can get from exhibiting at a localized regional industry show like the Yankee Security Convention.
- Better networking opportunities: With fewer attendees and exhibitors, a localized regional industry show creates the perfect environment for building more meaningful networking relationships with participants. For many national shows, attendees and exhibitors spend a substantial portion of their time getting to and from the exhibit hall and convention center. A more navigable venue means you will have more time to speak with attendees and can interact with industry peers in a more relaxed and intimate setting.
- Focused educational tracks: Unlike national trade shows, localized regional industry shows such as Yankee Security Convention can provide more focused educational tracks that are geared specifically towards peer-to-peer learning within the locksmith industry. From courses on changing trends such as the advances of mechanical versus digital locking technologies and security advancements using 2FA and AI, regional shows provide tremendous opportunities for both education and hands on learning. With more time to spend at the show versus traveling, you will have the opportunity to learn more about these products and services and leave with a stronger understanding of how to integrate them into your existing products and solutions.
- Higher quality attendees: Regional trade shows typically attract high-quality attendees within the industry, from nearby cities, making it a wonderful place to build relationships with potential customers and partners in their own backyard. With a more concentrated attendee base, a regional show is a fantastic way to get to know the local industry and build relationships within the community.
Read on for more tips
BLOG: APRIL 2023
10 GREAT REASONS TO EXHIBIT AT YANKEE SECURITY CONVENTION
TO MAXIMIZE YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESS
For hundreds of industries, attending a trade show is one of the best opportunities for businesses to build brand awareness, promote their products, highlight their services, create industry alliances and establish new relationships with potential customers.
There are many reasons why it’s beneficial to be part of events like the Yankee Security Convention and we’ve compiled just a few in this Top 10 List below.
1. Reach a wider audience – in person – Trade shows can bring together people from all over the country and even the world providing an opportunity to have direct contact with potential clients and other vendor partners that can enhance your business growth. Showcasing your company to a diverse audience enables you to truly get a feel for what products the market needs now and in the future.
2. Networking – Many people literally “grow up” in a particular industry. Much like the locksmith and security industry, we have generations upon generations of professionals that get together “on the road” for trade shows making this an excellent way to connect and reconnect with colleagues as well as meet with potential customers.
3. Generate new leads – Although never the ONLY reason people exhibit, being at a trade show event is one of the best ways to create lead generation for potential future business opportunities that can turn them into loyal customers. Post-show, remember to do a thorough post-show follow-up! So many people talk about great opportunities but fail to close deals simply because they never pursue their leads.
For the full blog and all of the tips, click here.
BLOG: MARCH 2023
CELEBRATING WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH
UNLOCKING THE SECRET TO SUCCESS WITH INDUSTRY LOCKSTAR, LORI GREENE
Profile shot of Lori Greene, Lockstar & Industry Icon
It may be Women’s History Month, but this article isn’t just about an industry icon and expert, who happens to be a truly successful woman in a male-dominated industry. This month, we celebrate the concept that if you have a passion, you can dream it, you can build it, you can become it and you can live it every day. And this is a message that reaches far beyond a month or a particular gender or any one career. Read on for more about Lori Greene, DAHC/CDC, FDAI, FDHI, CCPR, and the manager of codes and resources for Allegion.
Lori Greene is known by many in the industry as one of the leading experts in code requirements, and the impact those mandates have on how door and hardware industry professionals perform their work. She is a member of the Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) Codes, Government, and Industry Affairs Committee and works with the model codes and referenced standards related to door openings. She is also very involved with school security/ safety awareness and the importance of code-compliant fire door assemblies.
For more than three decades, Lori has experienced nearly every aspect of the door and hardware industry, from distributor and manufacturer’s rep to specification expert and code crusader, and has done it with passion, grace, intellect, and a relentless pursuit of what it means to be accountable to safety.
A Grand Plan Reveals Itself
In a recent interview with Lori about her beginnings in the locksmith and security industry she recalls she had no grand plan laid out when she started learning about doors and hardware. An architectural graduate of Vermont Technical College, she found herself a hardware detailer as she began her career. She feels fortunate that early on in her work, she discovered a passion for codes, and felt she could make a difference by understanding them and by helping others not only understand them but come to care about their importance as she did.
As part of this desire, Lori knew she needed a bigger platform and more readily accessible information and training on codes and their requirements. So, in 2009, she started a website called iDigHardware. Her initial intent was to simply use the site as a way to put code information out where people could access it, but her site, fueled by her knowledge, had bigger plans.
In this day and age, blogs and experts come and go, but still going strong after 14 years, Lori’s website, her blog and her growing following continue as a trusted resource to thousands of manufacturers, spec writers, consultants, architects, AHJ’s and trade professionals worldwide.
For the full blog, click here.
UNLOCKING LIMITLESS POTENTIAL –
YANKEE SECURITY CONVENTION RETURNS FOR 2023 SHOW
February 28, 2023 – East Hartford, CT – Yankee Security Convention, a 501C3 charitable organization committed to the promotion and further education of the locksmith and security industry is excited to announce the dates for its 2023 Annual Convention, October 25-29, 2023, in Springfield, MA.
The Yankee Security Convention is a 5-day assembly of locksmiths and security professionals that features 3 days of education, with over 25 classes, covering
a wide variety of subjects related to the security industry. The instructors are the most well-known and respected names in the industry. Class registration
opens in July of 2023. This year’s show theme, “Unlocking Limitless Potential” will be the catalyst for the event’s networking and educational opportunities as the show returns to the MassMutual Center in Springfield.
Click here for a full version of the release.