NEWS, BLOGS, RESOURCES AND MORE
Check back often for updated news, articles and blogs about the show and our industry.
REGIONAL SHOWS = KEY TO BUSINESS GROWTH:
WHY EXHIBITING AT YANKEE SECURITY CONVENTION IS A GAME CHANGER
Choosing to exhibit at a localized regional industry show over a larger national event offers numerous advantages that can make an enormous difference for your ROI.
Here are just a few of the benefits that you can get from exhibiting at a localized regional industry show like the Yankee Security Convention.
- Better networking opportunities: With fewer attendees and exhibitors, a localized regional industry show creates the perfect environment for building more meaningful networking relationships with participants. For many national shows, attendees and exhibitors spend a substantial portion of their time getting to and from the exhibit hall and convention center. A more navigable venue means you will have more time to speak with attendees and can interact with industry peers in a more relaxed and intimate setting.
- Focused educational tracks: Unlike national trade shows, localized regional industry shows such as Yankee Security Convention can provide more focused educational tracks that are geared specifically towards peer-to-peer learning within the locksmith industry. From courses on changing trends such as the advances of mechanical versus digital locking technologies and security advancements using 2FA and AI, regional shows provide tremendous opportunities for both education and hands on learning. With more time to spend at the show versus traveling, you will have the opportunity to learn more about these products and services and leave with a stronger understanding of how to integrate them into your existing products and solutions.
- Higher quality attendees: Regional trade shows typically attract high-quality attendees within the industry, from nearby cities, making it a wonderful place to build relationships with potential customers and partners in their own backyard. With a more concentrated attendee base, a regional show is a fantastic way to get to know the local industry and build relationships within the community.
Read on for more tips
BLOG: APRIL 2023
10 GREAT REASONS TO EXHIBIT AT YANKEE SECURITY CONVENTION
TO MAXIMIZE YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESS
For hundreds of industries, attending a trade show is one of the best opportunities for businesses to build brand awareness, promote their products, highlight their services, create industry alliances and establish new relationships with potential customers.
There are many reasons why it’s beneficial to be part of events like the Yankee Security Convention and we’ve compiled just a few in this Top 10 List below.
1. Reach a wider audience – in person – Trade shows can bring together people from all over the country and even the world providing an opportunity to have direct contact with potential clients and other vendor partners that can enhance your business growth. Showcasing your company to a diverse audience enables you to truly get a feel for what products the market needs now and in the future.
2. Networking – Many people literally “grow up” in a particular industry. Much like the locksmith and security industry, we have generations upon generations of professionals that get together “on the road” for trade shows making this an excellent way to connect and reconnect with colleagues as well as meet with potential customers.
3. Generate new leads – Although never the ONLY reason people exhibit, being at a trade show event is one of the best ways to create lead generation for potential future business opportunities that can turn them into loyal customers. Post-show, remember to do a thorough post-show follow-up! So many people talk about great opportunities but fail to close deals simply because they never pursue their leads.
For the full blog and all of the tips, click here.
BLOG: MARCH 2023
CELEBRATING WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH
UNLOCKING THE SECRET TO SUCCESS WITH INDUSTRY LOCKSTAR, LORI GREENE
Profile shot of Lori Greene, Lockstar & Industry Icon
It may be Women’s History Month, but this article isn’t just about an industry icon and expert, who happens to be a truly successful woman in a male-dominated industry. This month, we celebrate the concept that if you have a passion, you can dream it, you can build it, you can become it and you can live it every day. And this is a message that reaches far beyond a month or a particular gender or any one career. Read on for more about Lori Greene, DAHC/CDC, FDAI, FDHI, CCPR, and the manager of codes and resources for Allegion.
Lori Greene is known by many in the industry as one of the leading experts in code requirements, and the impact those mandates have on how door and hardware industry professionals perform their work. She is a member of the Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) Codes, Government, and Industry Affairs Committee and works with the model codes and referenced standards related to door openings. She is also very involved with school security/ safety awareness and the importance of code-compliant fire door assemblies.
For more than three decades, Lori has experienced nearly every aspect of the door and hardware industry, from distributor and manufacturer’s rep to specification expert and code crusader, and has done it with passion, grace, intellect, and a relentless pursuit of what it means to be accountable to safety.
A Grand Plan Reveals Itself
In a recent interview with Lori about her beginnings in the locksmith and security industry she recalls she had no grand plan laid out when she started learning about doors and hardware. An architectural graduate of Vermont Technical College, she found herself a hardware detailer as she began her career. She feels fortunate that early on in her work, she discovered a passion for codes, and felt she could make a difference by understanding them and by helping others not only understand them but come to care about their importance as she did.
As part of this desire, Lori knew she needed a bigger platform and more readily accessible information and training on codes and their requirements. So, in 2009, she started a website called iDigHardware. Her initial intent was to simply use the site as a way to put code information out where people could access it, but her site, fueled by her knowledge, had bigger plans.
In this day and age, blogs and experts come and go, but still going strong after 14 years, Lori’s website, her blog and her growing following continue as a trusted resource to thousands of manufacturers, spec writers, consultants, architects, AHJ’s and trade professionals worldwide.
For the full blog, click here.
UNLOCKING LIMITLESS POTENTIAL –
YANKEE SECURITY CONVENTION RETURNS FOR 2023 SHOW
February 28, 2023 – East Hartford, CT – Yankee Security Convention, a 501C3 charitable organization committed to the promotion and further education of the locksmith and security industry is excited to announce the dates for its 2023 Annual Convention, October 25-29, 2023, in Springfield, MA.
The Yankee Security Convention is a 5-day assembly of locksmiths and security professionals that features 3 days of education, with over 25 classes, covering
a wide variety of subjects related to the security industry. The instructors are the most well-known and respected names in the industry. Class registration
opens in July of 2023. This year’s show theme, “Unlocking Limitless Potential” will be the catalyst for the event’s networking and educational opportunities as the show returns to the MassMutual Center in Springfield.
Click here for a full version of the release.